Have You Addressed the Digital Skills Inventory of Your Employees?
Today, both on the talent acquisition side or the talent management side you need to take a serious look at the "digital skills" inventory of your new hires, key executives, fast start employees, mid-level management and sales teams. This is not your average skills inventory but one that your company will benefit from for years to come. If you have not looked at this important element then here are a few of the key components of your new "digital skills" inventory checklist:
- how to get connected to the Internet, both on the road, in the office and at home. This may seem basic but if your employees cannot do this "you lose!!"
- how to use basic collaborative and knowledge exchanging tools for on-line meetings. This is important for non-centralized management teams, sales people displaying products and product testaments;
- mail - yes as simple as logging into mail systems, company proprietary, or products like G Mail, Hot Mail, or Yahoo Mail;
- how to capitalize on your company's internal social network (Facebook and Twitter, NSS), PeopleSoft/Oracle or other data gathering systems that employees would use;
- Smartphone and other mobile apps that are important for the company or employee to use; and
- searchable databases external to the company utilized databases.