Don't Just Survey Your Employees: Link Your Data!
1. Choosing the metrics to link to employee engagement2. Determining the logistics of the research3. Sharing results of the research with employees to create an action plan to achieve improvements.
- Make sure you link to the right metrics. Look at your industry and company and make sure that you understand what drives your revenue and/or what impacts your strategic execution.
- Make sure your data is reliable and valid. This is one of the hardest areas for most HR professionals. When it comes to data hygiene HR hasn't been the best.
- Look at how you will be analyzing your data. Data is everywhere in your company. To be able to look at data system wide you have to have a unit of comparison. Whether that unit is by department or by location. You have to compare apples to apples.
- Tell a compelling story. Don't just do a show and tell of ALL of you cool data. Paint a picture on what you found out and what it means to YOUR AUDIENCE.
- Follow through on your observations and recommendations with action plans that hold managers and employees accountable for change.