Developing a HRM Strategy
- What kinds of people do you need to manage and run your business to meet your strategic business objectives?
- What people programs and initiatives must be designed and implemented to attract, develop and retain staff to compete effectively?
- Culture: the beliefs, values, norms and management style of the organization
- Organization: the structure, job roles and reporting lines of the organization
- People: the skill levels, staff potential and management capability
- Human resources systems: the people focused mechanisms which deliver the strategy - employee selection, communications, training, rewards, career development, etc.
- get the big picture
- develop a mission statement or statement of intent
- conduct a SWOT analysis of the organization
- conduct a thorough human resources analysis
- determine critical people issues
- develop consequences and solutions. To expand on this you need to:
- implementation and evaluation of the action plans.